Enes, VOLVO Master Technician

I'm getting a P0101 code along with a P0027. I have replaced

Customer Question

I'm getting a P0101 code along with a P0027. I have replaced the Mass Airflow Sensor and noticed a difference in both performance, fuel economy and the shifting pattern of the automatic transmission. The car still isn't functioning properly. Twice in the last couple of days it wouldn't start after I parked it. Both times it was after it had been running and coincidently happened at the auto parts store after I read the codes. I both cases there was a code that I read and erased, but no code after the starting problem. One time I left the car in the lot for a couple of house and came back and got it to run, and the next time i waited 20 minutes or so and it reluctantly started. In both cases when it wounding start it would fire up then stall. It reminded me of when I start small motors that have been sitting and I use ether to start them. The first couple of times the engine runs on the ether till it is consumed then stalls. The very first time this happened it was while I was driving about 3 weeks ago. I had the car towed into the Firestone shop and they started it up and it ran fine. Don't know what to do next of if the two codes I'm getting are related.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it the original transmission?
Customer: 177,000 miles. The transmission was replace at about 90,000 miles.
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: 2005 XC90
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I will fix it myself if it isn't too involved. So far I have replace the Mass Airflow Sensor.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The car now seems to run perfectly between incidents
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I think I found the answer to the problem myself.Thanks,Rick

Glad you got it resolved. If you find you do need help with this or another concern, let me know.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do you know if Just Answer intends to charge me for this? There sound't be a charge.

You were charged. You can discuss that with them through the contact us link at the bottom of the page.