Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience:  One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1

I bought used instrument cluster Volvo cx70 it will not come

Customer Question

I bought used instrument cluster for 2003 Volvo cx70 it will not come on once it was attached
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Is this the same issue as the old one?

If so have you confirmed all powers and grounds to the cluster are good?

Expert:  Andy replied 3 months ago.

A used cluster will not work because they are programmed to the car. You will need to either have yours rebuilt or have the programming transferred to the used one. This can be done by

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Please select a rating at the top of your screen for my service. Note that two experts are involved, so be sure to rate my answer accordingly. Thank you.

Expert:  Andy replied 2 months ago.

Did you have any other questions? If not, please remember to select a rating for my service. As a subscription customer, there is no additional charge. Rating simply ensures I am compensated for my time here. Thank you.

Expert:  Andy replied 2 months ago.

Did you have any other questions? I see you have checked back twice but have not selected a rating or indicated the need for further assistance.