Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

I have a volvo xc90 with A/C doesn't function all relays

Customer Question

I have a volvo xc90 with A/C doesn't function all relays under hood are good charged with coolant. When you bypass relay ac cuts on otherwise it only blows out hot. Compressor and blower both function if you bypass relay
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

A bad pressure switch would cause this problem. Also a temp sensor could also cause the compressor not to turn on. You have a control problem if you can jump the relay. Check the fuse for the ac compressor as well. You need a high end scan tool to see data of the temp sensors, and to scan the hvac module for codes stored that could be affecting this as well. You will also need a multi meter and will need to do some tests of the circuit.

Please reply to this if you need more help. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. If I am not giving you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

ASE Master Technician

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

This question is coming up on 7 days which means it will close.

You have already paid to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

If I did not give you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

I do not get compensated for my time and resources unless you rate me.