Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master, shop owner, 30+ years all makes and models
2947720

I replaced my cooling fan and it won't come on when I turn

Customer Question

I replaced my cooling fan and it won't come on when I turn on the AC 2001 Volvo s80 t6
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: no
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. replaced fan on recommendation, Freon is definitely lo
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

Does the compressor come on?

Do you know what the system pressures are?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 months ago.

I see, thanks.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

The radiator fan won't come on with the compressor..

The engine cooling fan (FC) is controlled by the linear pressure sensor (high-pressure and safety valve), located on the drier, via the engine control module (ECM) and via the control module for the engine cooling fan (FC). The engine cooling fan (FC) is also controlled by the engine coolant temperature (ECT).

Normally with a fully charged AC system, when the fan is needed to cool the condenser, it will get turned on by the ECM, thanks

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Expert:  Jerry replied 4 months ago.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the answer in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,