Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.

My Son and I had a de-salter installed on the inner cooler

Customer Question

My Son and I had a de-salter installed on the inner cooler of our Volvo D4 that is installed in a 25 foot Davis. We now can not deside who is right. The dealer who insalled it says to out the boat on the trailer and bring it up to 1500 rpms and then to hit the button on the desalter for 30 seconds and then bring it back to idle for another 25 seconds.
One of the yeard workers advised my Son to this and when we get home with the boat to put a grest water flusher and to run the boat for several minutes and then to run the desalter again.
The dealer says that by doing the wahout again, that it wil take the salt X out that has just been out in when the boat is in the salt water.
Getting to be a heated arguament. Help.
Tom & Tom
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

This may be something you would have to find more info on from another dealer or repair center that works on this model here as in some cases info like this may be difficult to obtain.If this is not an option for you here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Pete,Yes I wish an answer. We have the Volvo Neutra-Salt system. The Volvo dealer stated to only use in the salt water for 30 seconds and to not flush a second time. I contacted ***** *****, the builder of the boat and he says that we can do both as both flushing do the very same thing. Trying to get another opinion. Thanks, Tom
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

No problem.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do not have a vehicle but a boat Pete and this involves the wash out after its in saltwater.Thanks, Tom