Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.

V7o 2.4 estate door light switches will not turn off unless

Customer Question

V7o 2.4 estate door light switches will not turn off unless you slam the door
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?
Customer: fuse removed to save flattening the battery where are the switches
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: 1999 v70 estate
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I would try new switches
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is this with all doors or one in specific that this is occuring on?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Passenger failed first, now the drivers door
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

O.k.,the switches on this model for these lights are either at the door striker on the body where the door latches.You would see a plunger type switch if this is where they are or on some of these models when you do not see the plunger type switch the switch is located inside the door latch itself and the latch has to be replaced.

This is the most common cause with what you have described here.If you have the plunger type switches these need replaced but if there are no plunger type switches then the door latches need replaced for both doors here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete