Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a Automotive tech
7276279

My trunk just started not opening today and my dash board

Customer Question

My trunk just started not opening today and my dash board reads that the trunk lid is open
JA: Has the battery died recently?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: 2007 Volvo s40
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Really haven't tried much. Don't really know how to fix the issues. Opens just fine when I use the release lever in the trunk otherwise the key and pad on the trunk don't open it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing with the trunk latch can be caused by any of the following,