Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

While replacing the PCV system on a 2005 S80 T6 I noticed

Customer Question

while replacing the PCV system on a 2005 S80 T6 I noticed that the hoses going from the manifold to what i think is the purge valve was breaking down. When replacing the hoses I think I may have inserted the one way valves in the wrong direction. Which way do they (2) point?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?
Customer: 200,000
JA: What is the model of your '05 Volvo?
Customer: Had oil leaks from the cam seals, I replaced the PCV system the Crank and Cam seals, the water pump, Cam belt, accessory belt and all pulleys/idlers in the system. I also replaces all the water hoses. Basicly I don't want to have to mess with it for a while.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It is all done I have a Code that says something like slow purge.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I need smaller arms. At 62 I should not be doing this any mare. I have been sore all week,
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Model is a S80 T6
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

I spent the day boating with family and recently logged in and got all caught up. I see alot of waiting customers like yourself that were not helped earlier. Why I do not know but I believe I can help if you still need or want it. Please do not confuse this as my answer.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out. We have 7 days to get a confirmation that my help assisted you, or the post times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help. The one way valves at the purge valve should be aiming to the intake so intake can not pull a vacuum on the EVAP system.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris