Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T lights are on, try to start and engine

Customer Question

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T lights are on, try to start and engine will not turn over. Is it the starter?
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Engine does not turn over. Battery is at least 2 years old. I do live in Las Vegas, NV
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I hope to DIY this situation. I have tried nothing. I took the Expedition to work.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: 2 codes have come up recently. P0571 & P2178. The Geartronics is working funny.
JA: Huh?
Customer: Geartronic auto-stick is loose between automatic and manual
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 5 months ago.

i think you should start with fresh battery like new one or fully charge old and see if it cranks turn over if not most time if battery is good than you will have starter motor . please if you can rate answer positive or ok thanks