Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

I have a 2015.5 S60 and the retractable mirrors are not

Customer Question

I have a 2015.5 S60 and the retractable mirrors are not opening and closing with the lock and unlock button. I took the car to a car wash and I believe they may have manually closed the mirrors. I manually opened the mirror but now they do not function automatically. Is there a reset? The manual is the worst at giving instructions on anything. thank you, Brian

Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 5 months ago.

there is not much you did wrong they do go bad act crazy at times fold mirrors so problem is software most time after is re updated you will have full functions and no more problems you must do that at volvo dealer you can pull them for now with hand out if you can rate positive the answer accept press green button only thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Hi Enes,

I called the dealer and just FYI all I had to do to reset the mirrors was to hold down both the left and right mirror buttons at the same time and they reset.

No need to pull codes or update software.

Have a great day.

Expert:  Enes replied 4 months ago.

that is reset but software is to prevent it doing to happen again but if the reset has fixed than just wait till next time service it will get updated