Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician

I have a 2006 S60 T5 w/17in. wheels and am replacing all

Customer Question

I have a 2006 S60 T5 w/17in. wheels and am replacing all brake pads. the rear went OK. The front caliper isn't like anything I've seen in any repair manual. It doesn't have a wire spring like the read. I'm unsure how to remove the caliper and get to the pads. Any suggestion?
JA: How old are the rotors? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: Rotors are original. mileage 69,000.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I removed the front wheel to look at the caliper. The caliper has a 6-7 in. slot. In the slot steel bar with what looks like a retainer springs.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No. Thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Kevin replied 3 months ago.

Hi im kevin on the rear of caliper below two plastic caps youl find two allen / hex key bolts 7 mm from memory .you need to undo these then lever caliper piston back into caliper through gap on top with a lever or large screw driver then caliper will release from top