Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2006 s40,the interior fan continues to run and the

Customer Question

I have a 2006 s40,the interior fan continues to run and the head lights flash
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Sorry for the delay, I believe I can help on this concern if help is still needed?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Without the key in, the interior fan will run and the head lights will come on

Thanks, ***** ***** hoping to diagnose and repair this yourself?

Is it just the headlights or also the parking lights and interior instrument illumination lights as well?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The head lights and the interior fan come on, without the switch on the on position. the only way to shut them off is to disconnect the battery. I have tried this a, few times and they come back on.The last time I tried it after disconnecting the battery just the lights came back on

So far the symptoms point to a faulty CEM central electronics module. Do you have any tools like a DVOM or scan tool so we can do some diag to confirm this?

If your confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If your not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you are pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris