Enes, VOLVO Master Technician

I have a Volvo XC90. 2005. I take it on a trip of several

Customer Question

I have a Volvo XC90. 2005. I take it on a trip of several errand. For the first errand it cools for 0 Opps
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It cools do 20 minutes. The I shut off co in to market. Restart next errand lasts for 10 minute. Progressively gets shorter by the next errand. First air flow decreases. Then air temp no longer cool and the there is a tiny musty smell.
JA: Do the vents feel cold? Is there a coolant leak?
Customer: Replaced large motor below glove box last year. There are 3 buttons to direct air flow head body feet. Husband said work when flow is directed at body. True but has longevity issue
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Do you have a check engine light on at this time ?

Has a Diagnostic scan been performed to retrieve any fault codes from the vehicle a/c module ?

The freon level need checking , do we know if its full or low on freon?

is a/c fan running outside in engine bay ?

The flow of air just better when direct ted rom body is probably just feeling it that way cause it is closer

The high side a/c line pressure needs checking sound like the longer you drive the higher the a/c pressure building up and hands you gradually losing the cooling , and that could be for several reason mainly it is a restriction in the system like a clogged up condenser,evaporator , expansion valve etc.. if the high side pressure is past 175 psi and rising at the a/c gauges while a/c is running

please let me know

Thank You

Chad (aka -Customer