Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience:  One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1
3932822

How much would it cost to replace the spedometer instrument

Customer Question

How much would it cost to replace the spedometer instrument panel in a dash of a 2003 Volvo S60 with turbo??
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 months ago.

The instrument cluster sells for around $1205 (this is Dealer-suggested retail. You may be able to find one in a local salvage yard for about half this price. Most reputable salvage yards will test the cluster before selling it and also warranty the cluster.). The Labor Time Guide calls for a half-hour to complete the job. Labor rates vary from shop to shop, so what you pay for labor will effect the bot***** *****ne. For a job of this type, a "fair" labor rate can be anywhere from $85-$125 per hour. If you found this answer helpful, please help me and leave a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 months ago.

..

Expert:  Andy replied 5 months ago.

A used one from a junkyard will not work, so do not waste your money.

Expert:  Andy replied 5 months ago.

There is a cheaper option. If you'd like me to help, let me know.