Enes, VOLVO Master Technician

Chad, Its Medeiro

Customer Question

Hi Chad, Its Doug Medeiro
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer.

hey how are you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Good,just had to buy a new sending unit,i did drain off the old gas,i did use Sta-Bil when i parked it? anyways i added 13 gallons of fresh gas and when i start it? it will run for a second then stall out? so i might have to really flush it out.....completely...........? good to get you again,Doug

hey lets stay on this post , u opened a few , let me send the rest to customer service and close the mand we keep one to chat

forget about the rest of the posts , lets stay here

i will try to close them for you ,so you are only charged once .

why couldn't you get back to me , couldn't you just post like you did now

just put (FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY ORCustomerONLY ) and they will send it to me

refresh my memory of the issue we were having with it

i do so many calls a day and sometime same vehicles and i cant to go back a month and look at last call , but i do remember you :)

how is oregon

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY ORCustomerONLY,Hello Chad it's Doug with the 93 940 Turbo my wife made a bo bo on the computer i was outside dealing with the car,she said i'm, going to check on line?Anyways i bought a new sending unit,drained the old gas out,added 13 gallons of new gas,it starts and runs for a few seconds then stalls i did bleed down the air and it does have 43 pounds of fuel pressure now.............i figure there is some old fuel in the lines and the filter? so everything in the fuel system is new except for the pressure that is where i am?Thanks Doug

ok i remember now :)

the fuel pressure is where need be at 43 psi

are we having any security light on or flashing on dash, you said it starts and die ?

1993 Volvo 940 L4-2320cc 2.3L SOHC Turbo VIN 87 B230FT

Save Article

Select Print Option Complete Article Text Only Image(s) Only

FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR Line pressure .............................................. 300 kPa (43 psi) Rest pressure ................................... 200 - 300 kPa (28 - 43 psi)

you dont have to start with my name , each time you reply, just the original question like you did , when you post it , now this conversation is private between us , so no one else can see and i only get your replies:)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The fuel pressure is 43 p.s.i with new fuel........I did drain off the old fuel...........there is old fuel in the lines and filter? i goofed.......Doug
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No security system in the car..........or check engine light on? i forgot it's getting late for you? it's staying light till 10 here since we are so far north........we had 100 here and rain off and on so far? still beautiful and loaded with tourists and we had our car show in Toledo on saturday and our Car club show in Newport is on July 16th i hope to have the 72 454 El Camino over there this time and i have my 542 Cadillac engine in the process.......just got to get my ICON 1.394 C.H. Forged Flat top's orderd.......Doug

ok no problem

i think we need to change fuel filter before we start again so we want ruin other fuel pump

and pull the spark plugs and clean or replace .if they are wet with bad gas now

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK thanks,i have them in stock,Doug

man all these nice cars , i m happy for you u getting to enjoy it :)

man it gets up in the 100 up there wow , i though only here

let me know , i m on here a lot ,

i do this full time , i remember we spoke on phone .

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Last year it hit 103 and were only 10 miles from the coast line? and we had 3 weeks of 90's you should have heard the locals? we came from Northern Nevada...........we were laughing.........we brought our swamp cooler...........Doug

send me picture of el camino when you have time

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I remember it was good talking to you,It's been years since i had any A.S.E. certs..........

i only took mine like 3 years ago, but i have a shop for 18 years prior

things change quick in cars now days , i cant keep up :)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My wife and I re-did in back in 1994 it was dis assembled in 1992 and it took 2 years and taken down to bare metal it has GLASRUT/BASF polyurthane and had been sitting since 1996 and has moved throught 2 states it's a bit dirty and has a load of tires in the back i have owned for 36 years now............the 56 has been in the family since 57 and i have had it for 41 years it still has all the ols stuff in it except for the powerglide.........i put a 350 turbo in it in 1976 and a set of 3:08 gears in it it's power pack model 180 H.P. P.S. paded dash,power steering all the trim coupe........built in the Oakland CA. assembly plant...Doug
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Time flys and i was saying that years ago'' about the changes'' and it's x 8 now, i started in a AAA shop in Oakland CA. in 1976 and that shop opened in boss bought it in 1952 and he had until he died of cancer in 2008 he was a great guy...........i miss him and his wife we lost her in 2005........i had known him and her, all my life i'm 57 now............Doug
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We have a picture but don't how to send it? Doug

oh wow, that is interesting that shop opened in 1926

i m sorry to hear about your old boss

do most people in oakland go and retire in oregon ?

i never been to california

in this message box , there should be like a file with an arrow , that is where u can uploaded , or if you have like iphone or samsung u can snap a picture and downloaded ,, the JA (justanswer website , we have a mobile app u can download on your phone , instead using your desktop computer or lap top

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
About 50% of the people i met here are from L.A. that is a zoo down there the freeways go about 10 m.p.h it down right crazy out little town here has 1 traffic light and our area is huge and we have 3600 people in the whole area tons of wild life river valley inland water ways/hilly lots of trees and the ocean is about 10 miles's beautiful just rains a lot..........Doug

sounds awesome , i need to go check it out one day

how close to the ocean is it

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Were only about 8-10 miles there is two camp grounds along the's like De-luxe camping at our house it's very quiet,we are at this dead end street in this little valley lots of birds........1/2 acre lots,did you get the picture? Doug

no i did not , try my email : ***@******.***

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My wife and I grew up in the Bay Area,east bay San Leandro she grew up in Fremont/Newark they used to build GM/Toyota there,Chrysler's in San Leandro and Ford cars in Richmond later in Milpitas now the Fremont plant build's Tesla's I could give you the whole history but it's pretty long it started in 1917 in Oakland with Chevy's pretty cool being from dad used to work for Daily Chevrolet in's too crazy there is 6.5 million people there...........last time for us was 9/2012 and we moved out of there in 8 of 1989 just before the big earthquake,Mom still Lives in San Leandro she's been in the same house since 1957,Doug

it is cool, you have an interesting life , that is cool

how the world changed since then , i m 44 now, i started my towing business 1996 and the added repairs, then selling cars, ran around at auctions a lot , but 4 years ago, i wanted to slow down

my girlfriend and i been car business 20 years, so she run car lot ,with her dad now and i buy the cars from auction online and i closed my shop 4 years ago after 20 years and i do this during the day and i spend my days at starbucks using the internet , I try to go to florida once a year , there is a place called saint petersburg ,florida , close to tampa, want to retire there one day, hopefully, i love the beach i grew up on the beach our house was across the street :)