Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.

I have a 2011 C70. We just activated a Sirius radio.

Customer Question

I have a 2011 C70. We just activated a Sirius radio. Unfortunately, Sirius will not display anything. The functions the customer service rep stated are in his instructions produce nothing on our screen. The rep stated a hard reset of the radio would be required by a Volvo technician. Is there anything I can try before we do that?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

You can check and make sure all connections are clean and tight at the radio itself as well as all of the components that were installed.If these are checked and found o.k. and it has been installed and connected properly this can be an issue with the sirius radio/receiver itself.I have seen this fail before in the past needing replaced.If it is new you might be able to get it replaced under parts warranty at no cost to you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The car is out of warranty. There was a 3-month trial used when the car was purchased in Dec 2011. The Sirius subscription was never renewed. The radio has never been removed. AM/FM, aux, USB, and CD's all play ok. The only exception is when Sirius is selected from "mode". The display is blank and channels cannot be selected manually. The Sirius rep verified it is Sirius equipped and sent a refresh signal. However, still nothing. A hard reset is the only suggestion from Sirius. Can this be done without taking it to a dealer??
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Usually you can disconnect power from the satellite receiver to reset the system.Disconnect it for about 5 minutes then reconnect it in an open parking area and see if it operates then.If it still does not operate then you would need to have a dealer try a reset with their scan tool as well as any diagnosis needed to help pinpoint and repair the cause here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete