Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 2006 Volvo XC90, Just recently my cigarette lighter

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Volvo XC90, Just recently my cigarette lighter (front and back) do not work. I need the outlet for my phone charger. I have already tried changing the fuse but to no avil. Could you please advise?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Are you sure you checked all the fuses?

Fuse 11 behind the left side of the dash.

Fuse 8 left rear corner in the cargo area

Fuse 1 and 4 in the battery fuse box.

Use a volt meter and see if the base of the socket has battery voltage.

Use a OHM meter and see if the sides of the socket have no resistance to chassis ground like a seat bolt.

Check for a blown fuse in your phone charger plug.

If your confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If your not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you are pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris