Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Volvo v50 2.4i wouldnt start. Had diagnostics done. Fuel

Customer Question

Volvo v50 2.4i wouldnt start. Had diagnostics done. Fuel pump was result. Replaced Pump. Still no start
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: New battery. Car cranks.
JA: What year is your V50?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well I cleaned the etm checked those sensors (before it died it Gas a rough high idle)
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Idk the mechanics who did my diagnostics was sure it was the fuel pump
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Do you know how or have you confirmed your getting fuel pressure, ignition spark, and injector pulse?

Please make sure to select a rating from the top of your screen prior to logging off so the post does not time out.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Moose,I think this site is a great idea. However I was able to resolve the issue quicker on my own. For some reason the site also charged me 24 instead of 5 dollars to ask a question.That said, my case might have been squirrelly. Bought a used pump. The mechanic broke the male end to the fuel line. I bought a new pump. It didnt fit because no one told me you Need a new harness as well. I returned the new one. Switched the top from the original to the second used pump, keeping the ground wire in place, and everything is happy.

Glad you got it resolved.