Enes, VOLVO Master Technician

Help I have a 2006 volvo s40 2.4l (not turbo) the other day

Customer Question

Help I have a 2006 volvo s40 2.4l (not turbo) the other day a message of urgent power warning and some lights (check engine, battery light) Got it home approx 10 min turned off then took to AutoZone to have tested. That said battery was low, charged it and hooked it back tested fine for the alternator and I want to drive it home and it died. Had it towed home and realized the belt from the alternator to the ac to the crank shaft was gone... (figured that is what started this whole mess) after that still would not start was trying to (sounded like the starter was bad) even had a mechanic friend tell me starter... Went and got a rebuilt volvo starter and changed it... Still nothing, so took starter off and had both of them tested and both were fine. There are no other messages appearing on the dash and.have tried everything under the sun. (Key imobilizer, cables, wires to important things) any suggestions? What are we missing? Please help me regain my sanity and not go completely bald... I love this little car but can't deal..
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Andy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a Volvo dealership technician. I am going to try to help with your question today.

Expert:  Andy replied 4 months ago.

When it died while driving and you had it towed, did it crank but not start?

Expert:  Andy replied 4 months ago.

And does it currently crank and not start?

Expert:  Andy replied 4 months ago.

Did you figure this out? I see you checked back but did not reply to my questions. Let me know if you need help.