rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

After disconnected the battery on my v50 and leaving it few

Customer Question

after disconnected the battery on my v50 and leaving it for a few hours , it will start but when I shut it off it wont restart unless I do the whole process over
Category: Volvo
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Try this procedure next, to re-learn the whole system. See attachment.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
did that and the car starts but when you shut it it doesn't remember and wont start again
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

This sounds like a security problem. You may need to have a scan tool attached to the computer system to reset it. Either a mechanic or a locksmith can do this for you.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.