Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

Lost key to volvo need to move it out of driveway

Customer Question

lost key to volvo need to move it out of driveway
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.

Hello

If you have you registration document then I'd suggest to visit the Volvo dealer ship as they can cut you a new key based on the original details of the vehicle

the car will then need re-coding to match the key to disable the security system - unless the dealers can also do this

Alternatively the local auto locksmith in your area can get you into the car so you can at least push it and some are rather expert and can also produce you a new key - if they have access to the dealer database

Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you