Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.

What is Volvo fault code p1 356? Ing 1 short to + ?

Customer Question

What is Volvo fault code p1 356? Ing 1 short to b+ ?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This should be a cylinder 1 ignition short to battery +.This in some cases can be caused by a faulty ignition coil needing replaced for cylinder 1 or possibly wiring issues to the coil at cylinder 1.This will have to be checked into/tested further to pinpoint which component is at fault here and from there then repaired to correct this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete