Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

I lost my remote and the spare key opens the doors and

Customer Question

I lost my remote and the spare key opens the doors and allows the asseries to work but will not turn the motor over is there a way to disable the kill switch???
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately in most cases when the remote is lost the theft signal is not received by the vehicles computers to disable the theft system.In turn the vehicle usually will not start from there.You can try to lock and unlock the doors with the key as well as the interior lock and unlock buttons and then try and start it but if this does not work a new remote is needed and needs programmed to your vehicle in order to start and operate the vehicle.I dont see any bypass or way to disable this myself here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete