Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

I have a 2004 S60R and recently there is a strong smell of

Customer Question

i have a 2004 S60R and recently there is a strong smell of gas after the car is shut off. There is no sign of a leak on the garage floor under the car and the gas gauge doe not register any fuel loss. I have had the car to a Volvo dealer who cannot find anything wrong.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Matt replied 5 months ago.

Hello

I'd start by checking the condition of the injector seals where they plug into the fuel rail , it only takes a tiny weep to create a strong smell

if this is OK then check the condition of the fuel filler cap seal as a small tear can again create a strong smell

Expert:  Matt replied 5 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you