Enes, VOLVO Master Technician

My Dash goes dark, and nearly all, but not not all electric

Customer Question

Hello, My Dash goes dark, and nearly all, but not not all electric aspects inside the cab do not work. The care runs, albeit a little sluggishly and the head lights work just fine. trying to figure out what is wrong. High environmental temperatures seem to be a contributing factor.
JA: Have you checked the fuse for the headlight circuit? How are the bulbs?
Customer: Just changed the head light bulbs two days before.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Hoping, but not certain that I could.
JA: Is there anything else the Volvo Mechanic should be aware of about your Volvo?
Customer: 260k miles. some transmission noises when moving into what I believe is second or third gear. No slippage. Otherwise this car has been rock solid for 12 years.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: AC goes in and out recenlty.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Edward replied 4 months ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. What year and model Volvo do you have? Thank you.