Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

The brakes failed, the power steering went off everything

Customer Question

the brakes failed, the power steering went off everything was flashing red triangle and urgent power system service warning flashing on, the airbag light came on and my temp and gas gauges drop down and then went back up, I am unable to roll down my windows? We just replaced my alternator like 2 months ago. So what is going on with this thing? It's a 2005 T5 s40 Volvo.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

From what you have described here this sounds like a power loss causing this fault here.This can be an issue with a battery that is shorting out internally or bad cell in the battery acting up as well as loose or corroded or even damaged battery cables at or leading from the battery to where they run and connect to.I would have the cables checked for any issues as well as the battery tested for any issues with it needing repaired.

To be safe it would be a good idea to have the alternator tested as well to make sure it isnt failing prematurely as this can happen in some cases.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete