Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My 2006 Volvo four door is going crazy and the mechanic has

Customer Question

My 2006 Volvo four door is going crazy and the mechanic has no answer . First the air conditioning would not turn off even when car was off and ran down the batterey. Then the car said reduced engine performance and took long time to get into gear. It is now at the shop and not running
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

HI,

Ok, so at this point, does it crank but not start, or no noise at all when turning the key to crank position?

Also, about how long have these issues been happening?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Took it to shop a day after it started
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

HI,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It starts , it runs 0n board Info says reduced engine performance
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

HI,

Ok, the ac staying on with car off is either the high speed blower motor or the CEM(central electronic module). He needs to test the relay and if sticking, replace it. If ok, then it is the CEM and that will need to be replaced and new one programmed.

As to the reduced power mode, this is either a transmission control fault or engine management fault. There are around 60 or 70 possible causes. He will need to scan both the engine control module and the transmission control module for fault codes and go from there.

Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.