Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.

Ticking sound even aftewr a oil change and camshaft seal

Customer Question

ticking sound even aftewr a oil change and camshaft seal change
JA: What size is your engine? How many miles since your last oil change?
Customer: just got it changed last week and its a volvo v90 2.4 i think its the wagon
JA: What year is your V90?
Customer: 98
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we just replaced the camshaft seal tonight cause it did blow out and now the oil light will come on again
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not that i know of at the moment
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

With the oil light coming on and a ticking noise like this here this can indicate a fault with low engine oil pressure in most cases due to a clogged oil pick up tube or an issue with the engine oil pump or worn bearings in the engine.I would have the engine oil pressure tested with an oil pressure test gauge to see if the pressure is low and if found low then the fault will need located and repaired to correct the low pressure to correct this noise here.I would have this done as soon as you can to prevent any internal engine damage.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete