Enes, VOLVO Master Technician

I have a 2004 Volvo V40 wagon with a Driver side headlight

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Volvo V40 wagon with a Driver side headlight that goes through bulbs every 6 months or so.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Volvo. The Volvo Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Lately,the bulb would hesitate to go a few min after driving.
JA: How old is your battery? When was the last tune up?
Customer: now it doesn't light at all.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I just replaced my battery last week.
JA: Is there anything else the Volvo Mechanic should be aware of about your Volvo?
Customer: yes, I just got an estimate of $500 to replace the entire assembly.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I hear that there are inherent problems with V40 headlamp wiring, will this be fixed by replacing the headlight assembly?
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** headlamp assembly has a wiring harness built in to it. Are you using oem bulbs when replacing? There is also a seal on the headlamp that may deteriorate with time and allow moisture into the headlight. This can also cause bulbs to burn out.