Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a Automotive tech
7276279

Serious water in passenger front seat floorboard when it

Customer Question

Serious water in passenger front seat floorboard when it rains. Just started a couple weeks ago. Have cleaned the tube from moonroof. That is clear. This seems to be from water coming from somewhere lower as we can recreate with a garden hose. Help!
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: 106,000. I think original battery, but at least 5 years old.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'm not interested in paying dealer labor costs if they don't know what it is, and spend hours trying to fix everything under the sun.
JA: The Volvo Mechanic's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: ok
JA: Is there anything else the Volvo Mechanic should be aware of about your Volvo?
Customer: Recently had fuel pump replaced which was leaking. Had been a recall I never saw.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you can tell me the year, make of your Volvo I will have a look at the data files on this type of problem and see if I can come up with any known issues. Post back with complete information when you can and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2004 xc90
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

There is one service bulletin from Volvo dealing with several issues with the sun roof. See it in the link below. Have a look at it and see if all of these things have been checked when the drains where cleaned. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Sun%20roof%20Jun%209.pdf