Enes, VOLVO Master Technician

I have an '08 XC90 3.2L and the A/C isn't cycling. Low

Customer Question

Hi, I have an '08 XC90 3.2L and the A/C isn't cycling. Low pressure needle jogs between 54-55 lbs. Seems like a linear pressure problem, but I don't have repair information for this newer system. Any help?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 4 months ago.

did you recover recharge system and still same ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
still the same after recharge.
Expert:  Enes replied 4 months ago.

most the time you will need than proportion h valve replaced and ac compressor the variable valve on compressor can go bad and cause it also . h valve or proportion valve must inspected for clogged from failed ac dryer it will have lot small balls if is clean than replace compressor

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Enes, You said "proportion" valve. Are you referring to the expansion valve on firewall? I will check system for failed drier and report back to you.
Expert:  Enes replied 4 months ago.

expansion valve firewall yes most the time if is not clogged from failed dryer i would install new ac compressor that compressor is also variable compressor it has valves inside also

Expert:  Enes replied 4 months ago.

if you can rate the questions ok netrual or positive is much faster reply back to you