Themaxview, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I have 35+ years Volvo experience, electrical, fuel, turbo, diagnostic specialist.

Does volvo generators have de-rating on altitude?

Customer Question

does volvo generators have de-rating on altitude?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Technicaldan replied 4 months ago.

Most generators have altitude de-rating that needs to be taken into consideration when loading the generator.

Do you have a model number so I can advise you further?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
we need a documentation from VOLVO penta showing that the following engines does not de-rate at 1000M altitude :
Expert:  Themaxview replied 4 months ago.

Volvo should have this documentation available for all their engines. The basic universal rule is, if the engine is turbocharged it will maintain most of its power at altitude. I would highly recommend consulting Volvo to see if there are any changes needed for the altitude issue, in the past I have seen altitude compensation modules for some industrial Volvo engines. The air density at altitude can lower the efficiency of the cooling system, this is normally offset by the temperature drop associated with higher altitude. I was able to find factory documentation for the TAD754GE click on the link HERE. Look at the bottom chart on the second page. For further info check out the link HERE