Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.

I have a 81 Bertone Coupe, it is fitted with a late model

Customer Question

I have a 81 Bertone Coupe, it is fitted with a late model 4cyl engine, similar to a 89 240. Is it possible to tell where the engine came from ? where to look for any numbers etc ? and anything which will help me find out about it .
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Some model engines may have a code stamped on it at the rear of the engine at the cylinder heads or on the sides of the engine block.If you can find any numbers stamped in it in some cases a dealers parts department may be able to tell you more info from these numbers.I would also contact a dealer to see if they can tell you what to look for and where.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete