Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.

Ms. , how do I unlock radio code on my 1998 s70 Volvo? : My

Customer Question

Hello Ms. Wilson, how do I unlock radio code on my 1998 s70 Volvo?
JA: Has the car lost power recently? Have you ever had to reset your radio code?
Customer: My vin# ***** ***** Yes, do take the battery cables to clean the batteries. I bought the car used, but, I have never reset the radio.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I put in a code a Volvo dealer gave me to put in but it didn't work.
JA: Is there anything else the Volvo Mechanic should be aware of about your Volvo?
Customer: no, the car is fine. everything else is working find. the code for the radio came up when I replaced the battery back up.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Usually this radio code has to be obtained through a dealer.They may or may not charge for this code and usually want to see proof of ownership and a photo ID.You can also try this link here neither of these are an option for you on this here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete