internal88, Mechanic
Experience:  I've been working on Import and European vehicles for 15 years. Diagnostic is my specialty.

My mechanic tells me I have a problem with central

Customer Question

My mechanic tells me I have a problem with central electronic module in my S60. Says Volvo dealer needs to do job of assessing, programming, etc. What do I need to know before going ahead with Volvo dealer? Can I use place that specializes in Volvo repair or do I have to go to dealer, probably more expensive?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  internal88 replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon

It is best if you go to a Volvo specializes shop for the CEM job. Volvo have their own programmed software that can program it. It is less hassle.

The dealer will be little more expensive.

The labor is not much here. The CEM is on the driver's side. All the tech needs to do is to program it. The new unit cost about $600.

Please rate me positive, thank you.