How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask internal88 Your Own Question
internal88, Mechanic
Category: Volvo
Satisfied Customers: 2541
Experience:  I've been working on Import and European vehicles for 15 years. Diagnostic is my specialty.
Type Your Volvo Question Here...
internal88 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mechanic tells me I have a problem with central

Customer Question

My mechanic tells me I have a problem with central electronic module in my S60. Says Volvo dealer needs to do job of assessing, programming, etc. What do I need to know before going ahead with Volvo dealer? Can I use place that specializes in Volvo repair or do I have to go to dealer, probably more expensive?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  internal88 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon

It is best if you go to a Volvo specializes shop for the CEM job. Volvo have their own programmed software that can program it. It is less hassle.

The dealer will be little more expensive.

Expert:  internal88 replied 11 months ago.

The labor is not much here. The CEM is on the driver's side. All the tech needs to do is to program it. The new unit cost about $600.

Please rate me positive, thank you.