Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

I replaced the head gasket on a 2001 S80 i have the timming

Customer Question

I replaced the head gasket on a 2001 S80 i have the timming belt set close enough that the car runs but i dont know anything about the VTI and i believe that is what is causing the back firing and lack of powrr
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Volvo. The Volvo Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing as far as the timming is concerned i dont want to ad insult to injury if you know what i mean
JA: Is there anything else the Volvo Mechanic should be aware of about your Volvo?
Customer: I dont believe so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you havent had the fault codes checked this should be done first to see if any codes are set in any of the computers.If any codes are set the codes need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.If you can get the codes read out this will help here just let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you but i have already found the problem have a gteat day
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

O.k.,if you need anything else in the future let me know.

Thanks Pete