internal88
internal88, Mechanic
Experience:  I've been working on Import and European vehicles for 15 years. Diagnostic is my specialty.
63512786

I just replaced the timing belt on my 2006 xc70. It had

Customer Question

I just replaced the timing belt on my 2006 xc70. It had 100,000 miles on it. Afterwards I drove it for 1,700 miles when I noticed a little oil leakage on garage floor. Took back to Volvo dealer who installed the belt and he said my cam seals were leaking. They said they check the seals when replacing the belt but didn't see a problem. Now I have another $1,500 bill. Shouldn't they have noticed something was wrong as I only drove the car for 1700 miles after the belt was installed.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  internal88 replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon - Volvo tech.

Yes, they should have recommend or suggest the cam seals need to be changed while doing the timing belt job package.

It is the same procedure with extra step.