sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Battery is dead, and i cant open the tailgate to get access

Customer Question

Battery is dead, and i cant open the tailgate to get access to the battery
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Im am simply trying to unlock the tailgate without power. Is it possible?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, i just want to charge or replace the battery.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing, the vehicle has no power
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Volvo Mechanic should know about your Volvo?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

No vehicle information was posted with the question but there is usually a way to manually open a trunk in the event of a dead battery. Either way you could always open the hood and apply power at the jump start post, open the trunk and access the battery.

What year and model is the vehicle?
You're able to open the doors and hood?