Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience:  One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1

Im trying to unlock my radio code 1998 volvo s70. Do you

Customer Question

im trying to unlock my radio code for a 1998 volvo s70. Do you kbow that years code? Help please. .
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Andy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a Volvo dealership technician. If the radio is the original one for your vehicle, I can look up the radio code. I will just need the VIN.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i believe it is the original radio.
Expert:  Andy replied 4 months ago.

Thank you. One moment while I check for the code. Does the display still read "CODE" or does it say "OFF" now?

Expert:  Andy replied 4 months ago.

4364 is the code for the radio originally installed in your vehicle. If it says "CODE", you may enter it now. If it says "OFF", you will need to leave the car with the key in position one and the radio on (displaying "OFF") for about 2.5 hours. Then it will unlock and you can enter the code. If the code works, please select a rating for my service at the top of your screen so that I may be credited for helping. If it does not, the radio may not be original. Just let me know and I can forward this to another expert who can help. Thanks!

Expert:  Andy replied 4 months ago.

Did the code work?