Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  32 years Foreign / Domestic Cars All aspects of Diag and Repair

Finding the low port a/c on a 2003 xc 90 : finding the a/c

Customer Question

finding the low port a/c on a 2003 xc 90
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Volvo. The Volvo Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: finding the a/c low port on this 2003 xc 90
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: charge the system myself yes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Volvo Mechanic should know about your Volvo?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Randall C replied 4 months ago.

Hello, do you have the 6cyl T6 engine or the 2.5 ltr engine?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** gathering info and sending shortly

Ok, the service port should? still have a blue cap on it, if not? sometimes they get lost. no biggy,. I have included a couple links to location pictures, The first pic it is #10 shown, Now, if any trouble finding>? the LOW side port in which you had freon is ALWAYS in the large diameter line or fatter line leaving the compressor, so,, if you find the large diameter line at compressor, and trace form there to the port. That is the suction line, The smaller line is the high pressure line. You add freon to the suction line / fatter diameter line. here are the picture links. Now, if usinga recharge can with guage? then run engine, turn AC on, hook up charger can hose, start adding till in the green zone. if NO guage? then this is hard without knowing how low but usually 1/2 lb adding is average

Please remember to leave a service rating for my service I have provided, You CAN still come back to this same post after rating my service for any followups. Thanks Randall