Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.

My 2011 Volvo c70 wouldn't recognize my keys, and nothing

Customer Question

My 2011 Volvo c70 wouldn't recognize my keys, and nothing would happen. I had to manually open the doors, and when I tried starting it, nothing happened. This has happened a couple of times before. I jump started it, alarm sounded, but now the car still doesn't recognize the keyless entry, and the alarm isn't activated.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If you had to jump start it before and if this worked before I would have the battery tested to see if it is faulty needing replaced.A local parts store will usually test this battery at no charge to you.I would check and make sure the battery cables are clean and tight at the battery as well as to where they run from the battery.If all of these have been checked and found o.k. let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete