Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

The courtesy lights don't always go off after locking JA:

Customer Question

the courtesy lights don't always go off after locking
JA: How old is your battery? When was the last tune up?
Customer: the battery is less then 4 months
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: its just the courtsey lights that seem take 15 mins to go off
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes or i will have to go to mechanic if i cant do it myself
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: not much other then the settings
JA: Is there anything else the Volvo Mechanic should be aware of about your Volvo?
Customer: it might be possessed by a demon
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Can i get the year, make, model?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Volvo S70 GLT 1999. The interior courtesy lights do not always turn off automatically. I have checked all the doors and all are shut properly. The lights will eventually turn off themselves but ONLY after 15 minutes. I have looked online for answers but haven't found anything. Could there be a short in dome light circuits or what could cause them to sometimes turn off or not at all?

When the vehicle is running and you open the door do the courtesy lights come on?

When the door is then shut do the courtesy lights go off?

While running and all doors are opened and closed does the door ajar warning correspond correct?

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The door courtesy lights do no light when car is on unless I press the button the light to come on. Also the rear courtesy lights have now stopped working. Tested bulbs and the bulbs work. I will just bring the car to a Volvo specialist cause I not sure I can do this on my own.

Thanks for the update. Sorry you have decided you can not do the electrical tests we need to do.