Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a Automotive tech
7276279

I own a volvo xc70 2004. A few years back due to ABS issues

Customer Question

I own a volvo xc70 2004. A few years back due to ABS issues I pulled the fuse. Since then I have the yellow warning light and no abs/stability system. Recently when I start the vehicle the yellow light (triangular in middle of dash) is now red for the the first minute or so and then it goes back to yellow. What might this be and should I be concerned?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The light being red is not likely anything to be concerned with but in order to know what is causing this you would need to reinstall the missing fuse and then have the system scanned to see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting when this light is coming on. If you can get this done and post back with the results, I will see if I can help you with this.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello Ron,Thanks for your response.Yes, I do already now about having the car scanned but I was hoping an experienced volvo mechanic could tell me what this might be based on the behaviour (red at start and then yellow a minute later).Any thoughts? Is there a way to have my answer addressed by a volvo mater mechanic?Many thanks,B
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
I am a Volvo Mechanic but if you would prefer another one. I can open the post back up for you and perhaps someone else can give you something different.