Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a Automotive tech

Howdy. 1989 240DL RT rear window motor fails to operate. #10

Customer Question

Howdy. 1989 240DL RT rear window motor fails to operate. #10 16a fuse is OK. Other windows are normal. Neither driver nor passenger switch works motor. There is no hum, etc, from motor. Removed inside door cover. Can't move motor gear nor window cam gear. If I could just get 3" of window to close, I would abandon repair due to age of car. If I want to replace motor, then do I just remove the triangular pattern bolts (3)? Or is it more involved? Thx. Capt. Mike
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to to determine why the motor will not run you need to check to see if you have up and down voltage at the motor connector while working the switch. If you find you do then that means the motor has failed. The other option you have would be to remove the motor and pull the window up and then remount the motor.