Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

2004 Volvo V70R, transmission fluid leaking on my 6 spd

Customer Question

2004 Volvo V70R, transmission fluid leaking on my 6 spd manual? I just replaced the axles and wheel bearings. When I pulled the axles I had no fluid loss, which meant the fluid was low. I drained the transmission fluid and refilled it to the correct level. I didn't have any leaks immediately but now two days later I've got a really bad leak which appears to be coming from in between the transmission and transfer case? What is likely failed and how do I fix it?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. You may have a gasket leaking or a crack in the transmission or transfer case housing causing this fault here.This will have to be inspected further to help pinpoint which is the cause here needing replaced.This may involve removing the transfer case to inspect this. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete, thank you for attempting to assist with my problem. I'm fully aware that its likely a seal. Unfortunately I do need an expert who is very knowledgeable with the V70R. I recently rebuilt the motor myself and I'd like to hear from a Volvo expert who's seen this problem and knows exactly what's likely the cause.I would appreciate it if you could bow out of the question and open it back up to experts who are familiar with this issue.Thank you,Aaron
'
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
No problem.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete