Enes, VOLVO Master Technician

Speedometer won't work. 2003 Volvo S80. Airbag alert on. JA:

Customer Question

Speedometer won't work. 2003 Volvo S80. Airbag alert on.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Volvo. The Volvo Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Speedometer won't work. 2003 Volvo S80. Airbag alert on.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can. I am pretty handy.
JA: Is there anything else the Volvo Mechanic should be aware of about your Volvo?
Customer: Recently had the DIM reworked when the whole thing went dead. They assured me the speedometer was working when the DIM left their shop. When I put it back in the car the speedometer did not come back but everything else did. The DIM shop says something else going on.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 5 months ago.
i can help you what to do but you need to get me the error code from srs so i can tell you what to do or what to replace