Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I installed a head gasket and timing belt. My belt is tight

Customer Question

I installed a head gasket and timing belt. My belt is tight working it on counter clock from and crank are properly aligned. After i rotate the crank clockwise to check timing set up
The exhaust cam ends up off time by three teeth or so after rotating 720 degrees. On the way 980 degrees the motor locks
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Sorry for the delay, I was busy most of the day today. I do not know why no others took the plunge on this concern, but I am willing to if your still needing help after this excessive wait time.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I dont see no kind of answer

I assume you still need help, I have been waiting for you to reply and let me know?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Where is the answer

Thanks for letting me know you are needing help still.

Can you visually seen the belt jump teeth? If not then then its not slipping and the timing marks are not correct.