rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have a 2006 Volvo C70. I had the codes checked at autozone

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Volvo C70. I had the codes checked at autozone after the check engine light came on. I got misfire codes on all cylinders plus the 300 multiple misfire code. Their computer suggested the pcv valve. It really doesn't have one so I replaced the oil trap breather kit but after a couple days the light came back on. Fuel pressure and battery is good. Spark plugs changed about 10k miles ago. Not really running rough
JA: Spark plug problems can be challenging. So many causes, some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all of them. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced oil trap, checked fuel pressure, checked battery
JA: Is there anything else the Volvo Mechanic should be aware of about your Volvo?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  internal88 replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I'm Brandon.You need to replaced all the ignition coils. I would recommend Bosch brand or factory volvo coils for quality.The misfire is coming from bad coils.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Coils were checked and they are good. Next?
I'm going to opt out and let other tech help you out.Do not rate me.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. The CRANK sensor or a severe vacuum leak cause this. Scope out the crank sensor and use a smoke machine to find a vacuum leak.Thanks, Ron