Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a Automotive tech
7276279

Volvo 240 GL: 1986 volvo starves when pedal depressed,

Customer Question

1986 volvo starves for gas when pedal depressed, when I let up on gas regains power then I depress pedal and starves for gas again. I pull over off the road I shut off car and restart and it works fine until I shut it off and let it set for about 15 minutes. Repeat process and runs OK again. Changed pressure regulator valve and Mas intake and air box thermostat. Any advice.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The problem you are describing still sounds you may have a fuel pressure concern. To check this you are going to need to install a fuel pressure gauge and monitor the fuel pressure while the problem is occurring, normal fuel pressure need to be right 36 to 40 PSI and not drop below 36. Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.