Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

2009 V50wagon 122K, runs fine but when accelerating over 60

Customer Question

2009 V50wagon 122K, runs fine but when accelerating over 60 mph or going up hills the engine is running rough, and it is gradually getting worse
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Volvo. The Volvo Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: No codes. My mechanic is going to be replacing all the belts soon and he will look at the plugs. It doesn't idle rough and there's no check engine light on either.
JA: Spark plug problems can be challenging. So many causes, some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all of them. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No. Just looking for second opinion.
JA: OK! The Volvo Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Volvo Mechanic should know about your Volvo?
Customer: It's been trouble free so far.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. I believe I can help on this concern, but I see you have been waiting a long time. I need to know first off do you still need help?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I haven't gotten a response yet.
Can you go into more detail on rough, like a misfire, jerking sensation, possibly from coils or plugs failing. Can you have a power balance test ran to see if cylinders are dropping out. Have you checked the fuel pressure? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Chris,I was interested in a second opinion before taking my car to my usual mechanic for repairs. It was a badly worn right axle. The CV boot was torn, the lube had leaked out, and the bearings were shot. He fixed the car on Friday and it is running 100% better. FYI, this web site has been difficult to navigate. I had several solicitations and if I actually rated somebody else and they got paid I apologize for the confusion.
Glad you got it resolved. Sorry for what you see on your end, that is the website doing that, not me. I only see and have control over what I write. No this post has not been rated and closed out.